Monday, December 6, 2010

Infinity - Chronicles of Nick Book 1

Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1)Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

*****SPOILER ALERT******

The book centres on Nick, a seemingly normal (albeit very witty and sarcastic) teen who leads a very simple existence. He is very talented and academically strong but is extremely poor and lives with his mother whom is an exotic dancer. Nick is however much more than he seems at first sight and soon discovers that the world around him is festering with evils that he has never imagined existed. After a group of teens from his school are turned into zombies by a computer game designed to alter their brains programming Nick and his group of misfit friends have a hard time saving the teens, fighting of real zombies and becoming acquinted with demons and ancient Gods. Nick ultimately is found to be a form powerful demon who can shift the balance of good and evil and ultimately cause an apocolypse. Nick's strenght of character, good judgment and love for family and friends however lead him to choose the side of good... for now.

As a challenge read, Infinity was a welcome surprise. I must say I have been putting of reading this book for some time, although it always held some interest for me. I loved the Dark Hunter books I have read of Sherrilyn Kenyon and I ate up this entire story from start to finish. I finished it in one sitting. Sherrilyn Kenyon has a very easy and familiar writing style which engages the writer and makes "befriend" her characters (who are very realistic and likable) easily. Infinity was an interesting twist on zombies and demons with some very witty conversation and dark humour to spice up the story line, which reminds one of the sarcastic and humorous dialogue of Percy Jackson in the Rick Rordian books (which I loved). I shall admit freely that I am dying to know what happens next! I have also been convinced that I shall have to finish those of the Dark Hunter novels which I have yet to finish.

A resounding thumbs up. I recommend this book to all who reads YA fiction.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love myself some comments so please take the time to leave me one, even if your just saying hi!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the The New Me and This Moment kits by Irene Alexeeva