Monday, December 6, 2010

Psy Changelings Book 4

Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling, #4)Mine to Possess by Nalini Singh

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Although this was another great and fascinating instalment to the Psy-Changeling series, I must admit that I was a bit put off by the fact that this time around no Psy was involved in the romance. Clay has however been one of the characters that I would have wanted to see happy, the bond between him and Talin just don't seem realistic to me. I get that they were best friends and shared some traumatic events, but that would, in my mind, be all the more reason why they would not immediately lust after each other, trust each other, love each other etc.

Talin, although the writer would have wanted her to appear strong, did not seem strong to me at all. I suppose this could have been intentional as well, as she is dying for most of the book and has little or no faith in her femininity. She does not value her body and/or herself further than her need to be there for the children over whom she watches. Things between these two seem to go from distrust and hurt the one minute to undying love the next.

I don't want to judge the book too harshly as I still think the story is fresh and interesting, especially the links to Protocol I and the plans of the Council and how things are unraveled and I was biased from the start due to the fact that I love the Psy characters and there was no Psy in the spotlight this time.

I still give the book a thumbs up and would recommend it to Romance readers!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love myself some comments so please take the time to leave me one, even if your just saying hi!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the The New Me and This Moment kits by Irene Alexeeva