Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - 4 January 2011


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created and hosted by the Broke and the Bookish (http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com/).

This week the Top Ten List is Top Ten Books I Resolve To Read in 2011! Seeing as there are many posts on my blog relating to future books that I can't wait to read, I'll limit this list to books that I should have read in 2010 and haven't....yet. So here it goes:

1. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

I feel like the only person in the world who hasn't read this book as yet and I have read some very positive reviews. With such a beautiful cover I could hardly resist but there were so many other great books that I had to read first. So Nightshade will be first this year (I think!).


2. Matched by Ally Condie

Since reading Uglies I've become quite fond of dystopian books and I have not gotten around to Matched yet. Seeing as the hype surrounding this book is so huge I am really itching to get into these pages!


3. The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff

I love the cover of this book and essentially covers are what first draws me to a book, but I must say the story sounds interesting as well. I will definitely be giving this book a try early in the new year.


4. Sex and the City by Candace Bushnell

I am not big on reading books when I have already seen the series, the movies and bought the T-shirt! Hehe! But I want to make an exception of Sex and the City because I am a BIG fan! I hope I am not disappointed though, as is often the case when you read the book after you saw the movie or vice versa.


5. Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding

Ditto with Bridget Jones! I have watched these movies almost a million times and can repeat the words whilst watching (sad I know!). I am cautiously optimistic that the books will be just as good, and I have resolved to make 2011 the year in which I finally read these books!


6. Evernight by Claudia Grey

I have been hesitant to read these books, although they have been standing on my bookshelf FOREVER. Seeing as I'm participating in Parajunkee's Vampire Challenge this year as well as some series challenges, I believe I should give these a try at last.


7. Water Wars by Cameron Stracher


Hmmm... Seems that this Dystopian thing might become an addiction. This book caught my attention mainly because the concern over clean water's sustainability as a resource is a problem which is quite close to home and of course a worldwide problem. Thankfully I can just get lost in the fiction of this story for the moment.


8. The Strain by Guillermo del Torro

What can I say? I've seen it, heard about it, eventually bought it and now I want to READ it! Hehe! Fits in nicely with all the challenges see...



9. Stork by Wendy Delsol

Well I have this very irritating task relating to Norse Mythology in one of the Challenges I am taking part in this year and I whilst looking for something to read came across this book, which looks like something that I might like. Anyone read it or have any comments on it?

10. Fire by Kristin Kashore


I have started reading and stopped reading this book on and of for the past year and frankly it is starting to bug me that I can't seem to finish it. I loved Graceling and I'm sure Bitterblue will be good, so why oh why can't I finish this book. I will be making it my mission to finish this book this year.



10 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I feel frustrated when I can't get to the end of a book, but I don't like to give up on a book that I just need a hundred more pages to complete.

Here's my list of ten books to read this year.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great list! We do have the same taste, I will be sure to follow :)

Chelsea said...

First, thanks for stopping by my blog!

Second, I've read Matched and I only found it to be so-so, I'll be interested in seeing how you felt about it ^_^ The Evernight series is really great, I like it loads, the last book comes out this spring, Im excited. Also, I loved Fire. I actually had the opposite problem - I had a hard time getting through Graceling and Fire I just flew through.

I haven't read Nightshade either >_> It's on my TBR list for this year. So is Replacement - the cover is what originally attracted me to the novel as well, haha. I want to read Water Wars too - it just seems really interesting.

Great list!
Chelsea @ Books Turn Brains

Anonymous said...

Great list! I have read Nightshade, Matched, Evernight and Fire and thought they were all very good. I preferred Fire to Graceling, hope it appeals to you as you try to read it again.

Stork looks great, I want to check that one out.

Good luck on your reading goals!

Anonymous said...

You have a great list! I want to read almost everything you have here, lol.

alittlebookish said...

Great list. I have read The Strain and also The Fall and I loved them. Enjoy your reading. My list is here if you're interest:
htpp://bookworm-meags222.blogspot.com

Lark Andrea said...

The Replacement is an eerie read, but well worth the time. I am currently reading Stork and love it! Nightshade is also on my list. :)

Here is my list if you'd like to check it out:
http://readinglark.blogspot.com/2011/01/top-ten-tuesday.html

Bibliophile said...

Sex and the City only bears a superficial resemblance to the TV series. I found that not comparing it to the TV series worked best.

Alyssa said...

don't worry, I haven't read Nightshade yet either... but I definitely plan to this year!

Shanyn said...

Matched is GREAT! I'm really looking forward to the sequel.

Post a Comment

I love myself some comments so please take the time to leave me one, even if your just saying hi!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the The New Me and This Moment kits by Irene Alexeeva