Thursday, May 5, 2011

Forever Vampire - Michele Hauf


My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I really like vampire stories and more recently became quite fond of faery stories as well so this book was right up my alley. Although I enjoyed the book, I must say that it fell a bit short of my expectations. Still… you could pass a rainy day with this book as company.


SUMMARY

The summary is from Goodreads: Vail the Unwanted is a pure-blooded vampire. But raised by Faery, he has neither home nor peace, and when his aid is sought in the recovery of a priceless diamond gown, his price is information. Specifically the whereabouts of his accursed father. His goal is revenge, and the supernaturally sexy Lyric, the icy blond vampiress with whom he must work, is a distraction he can't afford. Outwardly as cold as the diamond dress in which she was kidnapped, Lyric has her own secrets. Desperate to break free from her criminal family, she aligns herself with the brooding Vail. Together they seek justice while each secretly works for freedom and a fresh start. For Lyric that means holding herself apart, even from the smoldering blue-eyed Vail. For Vail, it means a battle to the death for revenge—and for a temptress he can't deny.

WHAT I LIKED

It was an easy read which I finished rather quickly and there are some interesting characters to be found in the book. The story is mostly entertaining and had some action which was nice. I liked the fact that I could for the most part not predict the outcome of the story.


WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE

I feel there could have been a lot of improvement in the writing and the exploration of characters. There were a lot of words and terms used which are not common and which made the book difficult to read. During same parts of the story, it felt very flat to me. The story jumps to different scenes and times without any real flow and scenes are not placed into context which means that you often read about something the characters referred to which you know absolutely nothing about. It would have been helpful for the writer to give some form of a background to many of the things she wrote about. It was quite a challenge to finish the story. I did not like the ending at all.


SO WHAT’S THE VERDICT?

A easy and quick read with some unexpected likes. One thumbs up.


Thank you to HQN Books (imprint of Harlequin) for providing a copy of Forever Vampire for review through Netgalley.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love myself some comments so please take the time to leave me one, even if your just saying hi!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the The New Me and This Moment kits by Irene Alexeeva