Friday, September 2, 2011

The Immortals - Book 2 - Blue Moon

This week's Immortals Read was extended for one week, due to my hectic Court schedule during the last two weeks.  I hope you all enjoyed Blue Moon and will be starting Shadowland with us on Monday.  I must say Blue Moon was one of the slower reads for me of the entire series, but I'm not saying any more this week.  This week the review is a Guest Review, by my good friend Lu!  For those of you who know Lu already, you know that she is a fountain of knowledge when it comes to books and is an avid reader.  She always has an insight of where to get the best book deals and where to find the good reads.  If you want to read more about Lu, you can do so on her blogs or (as I did) find her on Goodreads!  Thanks for doing the review this week Lu!  Next week we are reading Shadowland, the third instalment to the Immortals series.  Be sure to stop by and let me know what you thought about Blue Moon in the meantime! Happy reading everyone!


HERE IS A BIT ABOUT LU:

Hi I'm Lu from A Muggl'es Magical Book Blog and I started blogging a little more than a year ago. I also started my Archeology blog around this time http://thearchaeologistandthetrowel.blogspot.com/. As you can imagine I love reading, but I do it mostly in the bath! I try and read about an hour in the bath per night :)

Sonette:  This has been a contentious issue in our Goodreads group for some time, as Lu is a great supporter of reading in the bath, whilst some others are absolutely horrified by thinking of water splashing on a book or a Kindle or something! Do you read in the bath?

I read almost everything as long as there is a good plot! Young Adult and Paranormal are my favorites with a bit of Mystery thrown in. I also started a bookclub a few years ago and we have 380+ members!

I'm still waiting for my Hogwarts letter to arrive, as I'm sure its lost in the post.
REVIEW:

Rating 8/10 - 4 stars

Firstly let me tell you why I will definitely continue this series:

Its not predictable, the Author takes you places you never thought it would go. Also you know when you say "please please let this happen in the book!" and it never does? Well here it does! For this seemingly simple reason I know that I will love every single book in this series.

Roman is a new character that's introduced and he left me thrashing between "is he good?" "or not?" the whole time.

Ever's school life gets more interesting as she becomes even more of a outcast, but you will have to read why. And may I just add, someone please slap Stacia!

I was left with sooo many questions and I can't wait to read the next novel to find out all the answers! I have also learned this one lesson: Do not trust anyone...

If you are looking for suspense and mystery with some young adult and paranormal romance thrown in, then this is your book! Get ready to want to strangle Ever a few times though or maybe even scream at some of the characters.

Spoilers:

Oh how I loved it when Ever "went back". I really wanted it to happen and I'm so glad it did! It reminded me a bit of the butterfly effect!

Ava? what happened? Did you really do what Roman said? I think there is more to this story!

I must admit Romans speech in the end did take some of the fun out of the book. I just wanted him to say what his deal was and get it over with! But it was the classic "villain speech".

Also did Riley really send the twins? What's their deal?

I think Ever was incredibly stupid to trust Roman in the end, and she deserves the whole "you can't touch each other" thing!

Fav Quotes:

"The fact is, the heart and mind aren't always friendly.
And in my case, they're barely speaking."

"If you insist on the chase," I say, my voice much surer than I feel."Then you better start training. 'Cause, dude you're in for a marathon."

If you would like to find Lu, look here:

1 comments:

Sugar and Snark said...

Thanks for posting this Sonette!

I think you should have a bath and try reading in it :)

Oh and PS: Love your new layout (first time I'm seeing it)

Post a Comment

I love myself some comments so please take the time to leave me one, even if your just saying hi!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the The New Me and This Moment kits by Irene Alexeeva