Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Infernal Devices

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Although I loved the plot and the story I found the book to be only questions. This might be an effective way of getting readers to keep on reading the series, however I for one appreciate at least having some answers on mysteries within the storyline at the end of the first book, or at least to be able to guess and be surprised later on. I felt a bit lost at the end of Clockwork Angel, not knowing (or even guessing) what the larger plot could be, what Tessa is and how she became to be and what happened in Will's life. I would have appreciated some more information and guidance here. Apart from that I still love Cassandra Clare's writing style which is easy to read and just descriptive enough. The story of the Shadowhunters (although being thoroughly explored in the Mortal Instruments) still held me captivated.

Once again although the comments I make here are not entirely positive, on the whole I really enjoyed this book and cannot wait for the next instalment. I shall continue to follow the story of Tessa and Will with a keen interest.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love myself some comments so please take the time to leave me one, even if your just saying hi!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the The New Me and This Moment kits by Irene Alexeeva