Friday, December 17, 2010

Psy Changelings Book 5

Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5)Hostage to Pleasure by Nalini Singh

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sooooo another great instalment to the Psy-Changeling Series. I won't say anything further about the writing and the author and the characters because I think I've said it all in past reviews. I will however gush about the plot and the couple that this book is about.

In this instalment Dorian and Ashaya find love. Dorian as a character had my interest from the first moment I read about him. There is something about a strong female protecting a seemingly strong man who is actually broken in some way. I think most women are fixer-uppers at the core. Whilst we are looking for strong men to protect us, we also want to mean something to that man. Hehe! I think they should write more books where the woman is the knight in shining armour. Dorian still harbours alot of resentment towards the Psy race for what was done with his sister and initially cannot see past that resentment to the woman that Ashaya actually is. Ashaya in return has been living her life for anyone but herself. Always protecting Keenan, keeping her sister in check and fighting for the Psy race. She is enthralled by Dorian from the very beginning and whilst they have their obstacles, as expected they do overcome them in the end. I know there might be some criticism regarding these books and that the stories are always the same, but I for one want to read books with happy endings. Although you know from the first two pages who will fall in love with who and that they will live happily ever after, it is still exciting to get to know each character, their flaws, strengths and weaknesses better in the book dedicated to them. Therefore it does not bother me that the stories are the same, simply with different characters. Also one must not forget the back-plot which runs like a golden thread through the stories and which keeps on evolving in the most interesting ways.

Anyway back to the story... Ashaya's link to her twin Amara was a welcome surprise. Whilst Amara was portrayed as being evil with entirely no hope for redemption, things did seem to work out for the best in the end. I trust that we shall be reading much more of Amara in future. It is encouraging to read that even when things seem entirely hopeless, good mostly does triumpths over evil (most of the time). In this book the Councillor's lives are explored a bit more and I think there are many more surprises to come here.

I must Nalini Singh has a knack for plot twist. In essence of all of the instalments of this series are the same, but I find it really interesting that the plot regarding the Psy-Changeling world keeps on throwing out unexpected curve balls that keeps me enthralled with this story. I don't think I will ever be satisfied if I don't get to know what happens to the Psy-Net and whether Silence will finally be abolished and and and... On the whole Nalini Singh certainly knows how to steam up the pages and to keep you coming back for more and more of the Psy-Changeling world.

A resounding thumbs up from me!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love myself some comments so please take the time to leave me one, even if your just saying hi!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the The New Me and This Moment kits by Irene Alexeeva